Living far away from the ocean, Olivier Barrette-Laperrière is certainly one the most talented landlocked surfer in Canada. He lives in Montreal (Quebec) and he works as a physical education teacher at high school level. He surfs hyper-actively the river standing waves that Montreal is well-know for. You will see him on Gotsurf pushing the boundaries of performance and exploration in many different rivers standing waves and lakes... without forgetting that he learned surfing at a very young age in North Carolina, so his heart is with the waves of the ocean so you will also see him in many trips to the ocean with the other members of the collective.
- Date of birth: 1982 / 07 / 19
- Place of birth: Valleyfield in Quebec but live in Montreal since very young.
- Weight: 150 lbs
- Local spot: Montreal river standing waves
- Favorite place to travel: North Carolina in the USA when there's waves!
- Favorite board (specs): Firewire - Lost - F1 / 5'11" X 18"1/4 X 2"3/16
- Fins: FCS k3
- Favorite surfers: Nick rupp, Nico Manos, Kalani Robb, Peter Devries
- Life experience: Teaching keeps me on my toes since I'm always learning... and that's why i love surfing - always learning ;)
- Your dark side? Ask my students... lol
- What do you expect with the gotsurf project: Travel, surf, hopefully not look like a fool...
- Sponsors: Firewire, Rip Curl